Photo by Ran Berkovich on Unsplash
Last month I turned twenty-seven. It’s been a unique year- not only I’ve changed three flats in the last year and broke a few bones in my left arm, but I’ve also moved my workplaces thrice while changing my career (with the same employer), the strange reason is why I moved thrice within the same city! Amidst all this chaos, I’ve survived half of my quarter-life crisis.
I was watching a biography one weekend (LION) and decided to make a list of things I believe in. Through the period of intense soul searching and stress occurring, here are twenty-seven things I believe in:
- Think less, do more.
- ‘Hate’ is a very strong word, I avoid using it. I believe that love is (much) stronger than hate.
- Second chances exist.
- Life isn’t meant to be experienced passively — it’s meant to be constructed and crafted with purpose and intent.
- Always start with “why.”
- Stepping outside of the comfort zone is a strange feeling, but it’s very important to step out once in a while.
- If we want to build brilliant relationships, we must be shamelessly ourselves.
- A random act of kindness, no matter how small, can make a tremendous impact on someone else’s life.
- Humans are fascinating. No two are the same. Everyone has a story.
- The more deeply and honestly we understand ourselves — our hopes, needs, fears, and beyond — the more equipped we become to achieve our wildest (and simplest) dreams.
- There are more good days than bad, and the margin is huge
- The brain is a very important part of our body. Don’t ignore Mental health.
- It’s not as much about what we’re doing or where we’re going, as it is about the people we’re with.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
- We won’t know until we try, so we should try (almost) everything.
- Thanking people for even the little thing they do for us bring greater joy.
- Making friends with people who’re not our age, ethnicity and speak another first language is a very different experience. This is how we grow, this is how we learn.
- Being nice is so much better than being rude or bitter.
- Every product we own, be it clothes, gadgets or furniture, should bring us some form of delight. If it doesn’t, it’s time to make a change.
- Technology is one very small piece of the big, beautiful world we live in.
- It’s only as awkward as you make it (or let it be).
- Life isn’t about planning exactly where we want to be in years and how to get there. It’s about discovering what makes us feel alive in the now and following this feeling wherever it might take us.
- Everyone should live alone once in their lifetime, it is a great time to discover yourself.
- Learning is a lifelong pursuit that’s activated when we surround ourselves with the right people — those who inspire, motivate, and teach us things sometimes without us even realizing it.
- The best leaders are the best listeners.
- Adam Sandler’s movies are always a good idea.
- Fake it till you make it (Watch this great TED talk by Amy Cuddy).
The lovely Irish coffee cake by my caring work colleagues (ignore the spelling mistook)
Until next time :)